Rare Opportunity in Parliamentary Zone
On behalf of the Commonwealth, the National Capital Authority is seeking Expression of Interests to purchase The Lobby.
The property is located within the Parliamentary Zone and has a brand name that is widely recognised and valued. The Lobby built in 1968 is an elegant architecturally designed pavilion overlooking the National Rose Gardens that has a rich history associated with Old Parliament House.
The Lobby restaurant building is approx. 408 m2, external deck 47 m2 and Kiosk building 172 m2. Lobby dining capacity could accommodate 136 people.
The sale of The Lobby restaurant provides hospitality operators the opportunity to purchase one of Canberra’s most well-known restaurants, cafés and function venues. It has hosted a range of political events, weddings, corporate functions and dinners over its lifetime.
The primary features of the offering are:
- Main building comprises of a 383m2 Restaurant / Function Centre with a large kitchen area
- The separate kiosk comprises of a cafe of 38m2 with a fully enclosed 134m2 balcony, with additional deck, toilets and outdoor seating area
- Site Area - 1726m2
- Floor to ceiling windows around main dining / function room
- Commercial kitchen infrastructure in place, including grease trap, exhaust, preparation zones and loading dock.
- Overlooking the National Rose Gardens
For sale by Expressions of Interest closing at 3pm on Thursday the 15th of March 2018.
Director, Commercial – CIVIUM Property Group
M: 0409 600 471
Chief Executive Officer – CIVIUM Property Group
M: 0412 485 181
|Ground Total Area||555 m²||contact Agents|